software that won't delete

sara2000 17:36 24 Aug 03

i am trying to uninstall software from add/remove programs. But when i click on remove a message comes up "AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE TRYING TO REMOVE SOFTWARE, UNINSTALLATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED" anyone got any ideas on how i can get rid of the software?????

Andybear 17:46 24 Aug 03

What is the name of the software you are trying to remove?

powerless 17:47 24 Aug 03

Reinstall the software that you wish to remove.

Then uninstall it.

Belatucadrus 19:15 24 Aug 03

Software removal :- Smart uninstaller click here MyUninstaller click here

keith-236785 21:02 24 Aug 03

click here and download add/Remove 4Good, it will help you remove stubborn entries.

good luck

File to 'My Postings' for future ref.

woodchip 21:15 24 Aug 03

Where XXXXXXX put the software name just as it appears in Add Remove

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box XXXXXXX click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with XXXXXXX in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type XXXXXXX and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than XXXXXXX then reboot your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…