Software that will count files in a folder?

emmandelo1 19:23 01 Apr 11

Hi, I've got a folder with about 6000 files in it. I have backed up this folder to two different external drives. However I've a funny feeling that some of the files didn't copy. It would take the rest of my life to go through them one by one. Is there any software or any way of getting a count of the number of files in a particular folder? Thanks.

bremner 19:26 01 Apr 11

Right click on the folder, chose properties and it will tell you how many files it contains

northumbria61 19:27 01 Apr 11

Take a look here click here

emmandelo1 19:31 01 Apr 11

Duh.... so simple. Thank you both for that.

uk-wizard 19:35 01 Apr 11

Use a duplicate finder, this will find all copies of the files. try this one click here free trial and not too expensive to but if it does what you want.

uk-wizard 19:36 01 Apr 11

but = buy!

awest3 08:22 02 Apr 11

Advanced system care 3 (free version) also have a duplicate file finder..

awest3 08:23 02 Apr 11

have = has

Terry Brown 09:48 02 Apr 11

If you decide to use a duplicate file finder and decide to delete some of the duplicates, ensure you do not delete any system files or even files with zero bytes that are operating system files as they may be required elsewhere.

Tye only files that are (reasonably) safe to delete are duplicate music and document files.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…