software updates

pat2068 20:23 05 Apr 03

i got an all in one printer scanner and copier the software it came with has web updatesbut everytime i try to get them they tell me the software cannot conect to the internet i have a broadband modem i have tries disabeling my anti virus and firewall but still cant conect any help
thanks Pat

AndySD 21:30 05 Apr 03

Without knowing your operating systen or the Make/Model of your multifunction device all I can suggest is you go to the software from the device and look to see if there are any options/preferences section where you can set if its to connect via a LAM or DialUp and set it to LAN.

pat2068 21:41 05 Apr 03

i am on win xp i dont have a aln or proxy conection and it just says web updates the only option is proxy
thanksPat

pat2068 21:42 05 Apr 03

i am on win xp i dont have a aln or proxy conection and it just says web updates the only option is proxyit is an hp comp and multifunction
thanksPat

AndySD 22:15 05 Apr 03

Have you disabled the XP firewall?

Click Start, right click on My Computer, and choose Explore. In the left windowpane, look for My Network Places. Right click on it and choose Properties. A new window should appear with your network connection (or connections) showing. Right click on your connection and choose Properties. You should see another new window appear with tabs at the top. Click once on the Advanced tab. Make sure there is not a check in the box marked Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet. Click OK to lock in your change and close that window. Close all the other windows you opened to get to this area.

pat2068 22:53 05 Apr 03

i have dome as you said but i do not have a box saying protect my computer and networking any other sugestions i am on win xp home
thanks Pat

hugh-265156 23:03 05 Apr 03

have you tried the makers website and see if you can download from here.may be a problem their end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…