Software too cheap to be true?

Rob6 23:00 09 Aug 04

I've put Autoroute 2004 into eBay search and found loads on offer below 10 pounds. Do you get working software for this kind of money?

Raquelmanny 23:03 09 Aug 04

I bought Norton Internet security 2004 for £14 off Ebay,would have cost me about £45/£50 in shops. And it was the real thing. I think it is a risk you take. There are a lot of good sellers on Ebay just check the feedback and what other people have bought from them.

Trevor1965 23:05 09 Aug 04

Not wanting to advertise here but one company I have used is worthydeal.co.uk ----not a great name but excellent software...do not have loads of stuff but worth a look

Gaz 25 01:40 10 Aug 04

WorthyDeals has some good cheapo products.

What puts me off, is they are using many spyware companies to advertise on their site, and they advertise:

If you have ever downloaded music or software from the Net, your computer could be infected with dangerous SpyWare. Get rid of it with SpyWare Nuker

SpywareNuker is rouge!

Gaz 25 01:41 10 Aug 04

:-s

Rob6 08:15 10 Aug 04

Thanks for input so far everyone. The core of my question is still about what appear to be copies being sold on ebay. In this case its microsoft, who I'd have thought would have 100% security by now, if I were to this suspect but well priced software do I risk say msoft finding out via invisible to me internet comms?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…