Software Thats Allows You Remote Access

AbolSabel 19:36 23 Mar 14

HI All,

The problem: My mother is learning how to use her new laptop and the internet. As she is quite new she is getting a little confused about what she she should be doing. As we live in different cites I cant just pop round!

At work we have something called Microsoft Lync that allows you take control of someone PCs very useful for doing a demo or training.

Does anyone know of anywhere software that is similar which I can install on my laptop and install on my mums which allows me to see (when I have permission) what is on her screen? The taking control bit is a nice to have as we'll be speaking on the phone.

Thank you.

Simsy 19:56 23 Mar 14

Eithr "Teamviewer" or Crossloop" will do just what you want. Or... If you both use AVAST as your antivirus there is one built in to that... I can't remember exactly how to get to it, (I'm at work at the moment), but it should be too difficult to find via the various options.

Regards,

Simsy

rdave13 19:56 23 Mar 14

Although I haven't used it, it is recommended here: Teamviewer.

john bunyan 20:05 23 Mar 14

I use Teamviewer to get granddaughter out of PC mess from ime to time. It is really easy and works well.

spuds 20:07 23 Mar 14

You might be able to do this using Microsoft for free, depending on what O/P you are both using.

Simsy 20:31 23 Mar 14

Another possible bonus of using "Teamviewer" is that, should it prove necessary, it also works in Linux, and the is an Android app for it.

And I should have said in my earlier post, though I do use both, I have found Teamviewer to be slightly more reliable... Occasionally, (very occasionaly), Crossloop was reluctant to connect.

So, all in all, I'd go for teamviewer by preference.

Regards,

Simsy

alanrwood 20:38 23 Mar 14

Also Teamviewer incorporates VOIP audio communication (and video if you want) between the two PCs so no sitting with the phone in one hand and the mouse in the other.

AbolSabel 22:04 23 Mar 14

Hi All, thank you very much for your replies! I'll defo take a look at Teamviewer!

compumac 22:20 23 Mar 14

TeamViewer without a doubt.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5