Software for testing USB Drive Read/Write speeds?

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 11:59 20 Oct 05

Would anyone know of any freeware that will do this?

Thanks

ade.h 12:44 20 Oct 05

I don't, but for comparison, I would follow the same kind of test that PC magazines use. For example, one magazine might test a groups of drives by writing the same 600MB of mixed files to all the drives and timing the process. If you do the same, you'll get a good idea of how your drive compares.

However, if you want to know exactly what speed the drive is running at during the write process, that might be more difficult. I can't say that there isn't any software that can do that, but I don't know of any.

ade.h 12:45 20 Oct 05

There are other variables specific to each individual PC of course, so total accuracy can't be achieved with the above method.

Stuartli 13:00 20 Oct 05

I'm presuming you are discussing an external hard drive rather than a flash drive?

See:

click here

Stuartli 13:05 20 Oct 05

Also two near the bottom of this page but one is not freeware:

click here

WhenHeavenTouchesEarth 13:07 20 Oct 05

Looking to test a flash drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…