Software to scan and correct photos - recommendati

alternator 10:34 27 Sep 08

I would be grateful for any input for a recommendation of software for scanning my hundreds of photos into my computer to transfer to DVD. I am running XPsp3 and have an Epson 1200 photo perfection. The scanner was originally operating on Win (I can't remember what) but when I uprgaded to XP none of the included software worked with XP and needless to say they wouldn't give me an upgade. so the scanner has been out of use for a while. I have connected it up and updated the drivers from Epson and it all works fine.
What ideally I would like is a recommendation from someone who has done this. I have B&W and colour negs., slides and prints. I would like to be able to do some correction if required.

Belatucadrus 12:17 27 Sep 08

Try Photofiltre click here not the most fully featured art/photo program available, but if you don't need layer support and want a nice compact bit of software that does pretty much all the basics then it's a very very good start.

Bagsey 12:31 27 Sep 08

Try Irfanview from
click here
it is free and will do what you want.
I use Paintshop Pro and there is little difference between the two.

sunny staines 12:32 27 Sep 08

if you have MS Office the hidden photo editor is good

alternator 12:46 27 Sep 08

Thanks guys big help, I wasn't expecting freeware to be available all the better I will give them both a try.
Sorry Sunny am trying to ween myself off MS

eedcam 14:04 27 Sep 08

Try Serif photoplus 6 its free and does do layers which are a must for decent editing .It has its own tutorialsinclude towalkyouthrough using them
click here

alternator 17:32 27 Sep 08

.nm

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…