Software request

DANZIG 10:10 16 May 07

Hi.

Is there a bit of software out there that can do this?

I travel a lot round the UK and take loads of photos.

I would like a piece of software that displays a UK map, which I could zoom in on, and that would allow me to attach various photos to towns, villages, landmarks etc with maybe a red dot denoting where photos have been attached to.

Does such a thing exist?

Cheap would be good, free would be better!

I'd like it for my laptop as well, so it needs to be compatible with Vista Hoem Premium.

Kate B 11:00 16 May 07

With a bit of Javascript knowledge you could probably create some kind of Google Maps mashup to do this. You can tag photographs on some websites like this - you can do it via Flickr, I think - or you can cobble together a mashup yourself. Start with this lot click here

DANZIG 11:48 16 May 07

Well I've managed to find a map that suits my purpose and managed to get it on the old lappy.

Now all I need to do is tag various locations and associate pics with them.

A bit like when a comment is made on cells on an Excel spreadsheet, so when your mouse rolls over it, a picture appears.

Technotiger 12:35 16 May 07

Hi, I believe this is possible using Google Earth.

MAJ 13:08 16 May 07

It can be done in a webpage using 'hotspots' (not the internet connection type). When your mouse moves over the hotspot and is clicked, a pre-defined picture appears. You could even do it in a webpage using image slicing where each slice (each town maybe) is a link to the pre-defined picture.

DANZIG 13:15 16 May 07

Sounds good, but I don't really want it on the internet, just for home use.

How do I go on about creating a 'hotspot' on the map of the UK that I've got?

I've seen it in Google Earth as has been mentioned, so how do I do it myself?

MAJ 13:36 16 May 07

A website doesn't have to go on the internet, DANZIG, it can work just as well on your PC. To create the hotspot or image slice, you'll need a graphics program which supports that option, Paintshop Pro, Photoshop, Fireworks, for example I'm guessing The GIMP and Photoshop Elements also allow you to do it.

Technotiger 13:43 16 May 07

If you have Google Earth, go to Help and check out the User Guide.

baldtaco 17:14 16 May 07

DANZIG, hola

Try this amigo. Free n Clean -

click here

Technotiger 18:35 16 May 07

Hola, nice one Amigo ... bookmarked, Gracias!!

baldtaco 19:05 16 May 07

Technotiger

Mah pleasure :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now