Software to rename large number of jpegs

murgle 18:41 31 May 05

Hi,

Is there any software available that can rename jpegs in a folder. For expample, each time I download my pictures from my camera they are called DSF0001, DSF0002 and so on. This is very annoying if I want to upload to a Webspace as they over right the previous files with the same name. If anyone could recommend software that could add a date to the file name it would be very useful.

Thanks

Pesala 18:49 31 May 05
  Jeecie 18:59 31 May 05

.... then microsoft suggest this solution... "HOW TO: Rename Multiple Files in Windows XP with Windows Explorer" click here

or you could search the internet for file management software e.g. at "www. download. com" there's this list click here

Or at "www. tucows. com" you could look at click here

Happy hunting!! :)

Jeecie 19:00 31 May 05

.... then microsoft suggest this solution... "HOW TO: Rename Multiple Files in Windows XP with Windows Explorer" click here

or you could search the internet for file management software e.g. at "www. download. com" there's this list click here

Or at "www. tucows. com" you could look at click here

I don;t know how good any of these are - but the sites often let you know how many have been downloaded/waht's most popular/user ratings/ and if they are freeware/shareware/purchase-able

Happy hunting!! :)

murgle 19:23 31 May 05

Using Windows explorer worked a treat. Just what I wanted. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…