Software removal

Hetti 20:40 20 Oct 04

I'm sure this topic will have been covered, but I cannot find it after doing a search.
I have a couple of software programmes that will not unistall, any free removal downloads?

Thanks

Carpigiani 20:57 20 Oct 04

If the program does not appear in Add Remove Programs then it could be that the uninstaller did not install correctly when you first installed the program. I have suceeded a couple of times by re-installing a program & then uninstalling sucessfully.

Diodorus Siculus 20:57 20 Oct 04

One option is to install them again and then try the uninstaller routine.

Belatucadrus 21:00 20 Oct 04
  BLUELEN 21:00 20 Oct 04

click here

This may be of use

Diodorus Siculus 21:01 20 Oct 04

click here

for another option.

postie 21:28 20 Oct 04

I find it easier to go into seach and type in the prog you want to uninstall and cant and send it to recycle bin job done
postie

Carpigiani 22:09 20 Oct 04

The only problem with the recycle bin method is that you are only getting rid of the programs files, the rgistry entries will still be there

Tenacious Green 22:19 20 Oct 04

The use a decent registry cleaner and only remove the program entries you want rid of. Ccleaner is supposed to be good. Anyone help with a link.

Carpigiani 22:30 20 Oct 04

I agree, but we all need to be very careful when deleting registry entries. Most users are better off trying a good uninstaller, if the program does not have it's own

Carpigiani 22:42 20 Oct 04

Having said that. I have used a program in the past called Advanced Registry Optimiser to clean out junk. It's not free though. A Google search for sysTweak would find it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…