Software to record sequence of screens used

Does anyone know of software which will allow me to record the screens I visit when working through an application.

I need this to produce documentation for procedures (not screen shots) and ideally a set of training "videos"

I seem to remember Lotus 123 had something similar, many years age.

I need a 3rd party piece of software which will record any windows application

Thanks

mattyc_92 15:25 27 Jul 05

Try Camtasia Studio (click here). It is abit pricey though...

Belatucadrus 16:16 27 Jul 05

click here Have a look at Wink, free and very good for training style presentations.

Pesala 16:43 27 Jul 05

click here

It is a Windows macro recorder. You can edit the macros to introduce time delays, messages, etc.

Simsy 18:24 27 Jul 05

specified "not screenshots", but in case someone else finds this thread via a search and the title, if you DO want to capture screenshots as you progress, you can do this very well with irfanview click here

Start Irfanview then from the menu select Options>Capture

This brings up a dialog box where you can select;

Where to save the images

What format

A "hotkey" to perform the capture

Whether to include the mouse cursor

Whether to capture the whole screen or the active window.

Regards,

Simsy

TonyM 20:04 27 Jul 05

Macromedia Captivate will do exactly what you need - but again , not cheap

Thanks Belatucadrus

All we need now is the sound insertion release.

You have rewally helped me

Cheers

Belatucadrus 14:43 29 Jul 05

Wink is great for anybody doing PC software user documents/manuals it's extremely useful and also free for business users, as you say sound would be nice, but apart from that there is no downside.

The Lotus product was Screencam, usually provided as part of Smartsuite, it was dropped from later releases and doesn't appear to be supported any more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…