Software question

Logov 06:07 02 Jun 03

What do you guys think is the best software for copying contents of a hard drive onto a larger clean drive, in terms of ease of use? Also, does this process copy the operating system (xp in my case) as such or will that need to be reinstalled on the newer drive and if so will this need to be done before or after the copying?

-pops- 06:46 02 Jun 03

Quote from top of title page:

"Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject".

However, have a go with Drive Copy which comes as a standalone product or part of Powerquest Drive Image. This will copy you hard drive on to a new one EXACTLY as it is such that you can swap the new drive for old.

Be aware though that it will only work if your dopy is put back in the same machine as the one it was copied from. In a different machine it will not recognise the hardware and the installation will fail.

click here but I suggest that you get it cheaper locally.

Brian

-pops- 06:47 02 Jun 03

Oooooops, dopy = copy!!

Logov 07:34 02 Jun 03

Thanks for the info pops - does DriveCopy support XP Pro as this OS is omitted from Powerquest's list of supported operating systems for this particular software?

wawadave 07:41 02 Jun 03

norton ghost will cone your hard drive no problem.

-pops- 08:25 02 Jun 03

The Drive Copy that I have included with with my DriveImage 2002 supports XP - I'm certain of that because I use it.

Don't buy Drive Copy as a standalone as you can get another very useful facility for backups etc if you buy Driveimage.

Brian.

-pops- 08:26 02 Jun 03

As wawadave says, Norton Ghost will do the job as well but I have found that much less easy to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…