software printing problem

loveshack 12:56 14 Dec 07

I have quite an old accounts package designed to run in win 95/98/2000. Tried to put it on a newer computer with windows XP.
Software works perfectly in the upgraded package but just will not print anything.
Is there a solution to this as I dont want to have to buy new software

MAJ 13:08 14 Dec 07

and it's name is...........?

loveshack 13:18 14 Dec 07

Sorry. It is pegasus capital gold

MAJ 13:31 14 Dec 07

When you say "Software works perfectly in the upgraded package"........ by the "upgraded package" do you mean XP, or, do you mean that you have upgraded Pegasus Capital Gold.

If the former, then try upgrading the program click here If the latter, have you tried putting in an enquiry on their website?

Can Pegasus Capital Gold's files be imported into Excel, for example, where they might be able to be printed?

Sea Urchin 13:35 14 Dec 07

I don't know the package in question, but I would have thought that if the upgraded version works in every other way apart from printing then it would be a compatibility problem. Might be worth asking HBP click here if they have any suggestions. There is an enquiry link on the left hand side.

Sea Urchin 13:36 14 Dec 07

Great minds think alike

MAJ 13:41 14 Dec 07

Another option might be to try to run it in 'Compatibility mode' loveshack. Right-click on your shortcut to the program, choose Properties > Compatibility tab and tick the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box, then choose either Windows 95, 98 or 2000 from the dropdown list, click Apply and OK to exit, see if it prints now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…