Software needed for Scanner

montydog 20:32 27 Feb 04

Hi everyone

I'got a Visioneer One Touch 8700 scanner, but have lost the software CD supplied with it. I purchesed a relacement from Visioneer which doesn't work, and (call me tight) don't want to keep forking out £7.50 a go to try new discs. Can anyone out there help or suggest my next step. I have emailed Visioneer a number of times and had replies, but nothing has helped.

Cheers
Montydog

expertec 20:42 27 Feb 04
  montydog 20:49 27 Feb 04

expertec

Thanks for that, but what I really need is a copy of the original disk, containing Paperport and the drivers etc. This is what I sent to Visioneer for, but I get the message 'this is not a valid Win32 application'. I have tried the workaround on the Visioneer support website, but I still get the same message.

woodchip 20:51 27 Feb 04

If the Drivers are loaded you should be able to use the programs you have on your computer, including Word Processor look for the item in the menu's for Acquire sometimes under file in photo edit programs

Belatucadrus 20:51 27 Feb 04
  woodchip 20:52 27 Feb 04

PS if you have a CDRW try copying the CD onto a blank CDR I have done that on occasions and it's worked

montydog 21:03 27 Feb 04

Thanks for the replies, it's just bugging me that I can't get a disk with the original software on it, as Paperport was very useful. I made two mistakes 1)moving house and 2)changing my computer!
Cheers

Simsy 21:27 27 Feb 04

are you after?

I have version 6.5 on a coverdisc from about 3 years ago you are welcome to.... but I'm not clear if it's PaperPort or the drivers you are after?

(I can't help with the drivers!)

Regards,

Simsy

montydog 17:49 28 Feb 04

Simsy

Thanks for the offer, but it is v7 I,m after, hopefully from Visioneer (I wonder if they read this forum?)
The scanner is only 7 months old and I lost the disc when moving house in November. When I had to reformat my hard drive I discovered that I had lost the disc. So the scanner has only had 3 months of light use,so I am still hoping Visioneer send me a working disc - as I said earlier, the replacement didn,t work. That's life, I suppose.

Cheers

Montydog

woodchip 19:25 28 Feb 04

Have you tried copying the CD, As I said above when the CD that would not work for me, Did copy OK on the same drive CDRW on to a blank CDR and it then worked OK from the Copy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…