Software to MP3 my MP3s

DTM 20:49 29 Sep 05

I have used Windows Media Player 10 to rip some of my CDs to MP3. I now want to compact the files further without losing the orignal MP3s i.e. originally ripped them at 256 but want them to be less than 192 to fit more on a new player I have.

I have searched the forum but there is so much information !

Thanks

De Marcus™ 20:52 29 Sep 05

If you want to keep the original files just copy them to a new folder. Adjust the files in the new folder and the originals will stay intact.

DTM 20:56 29 Sep 05

I can find out how to rip a CD using Windows Media Player but could not see a way of further ripping an existing MP3 file? Probably just me looking in the wrong place?

sharkfin 21:13 29 Sep 05

Hi, An exellent program is Cdex, you can reencode your existing Mp3's into smaller Bitrates.

click here

GaT7 21:19 29 Sep 05

I'm also unaware of what De Marcus™ suggests, & you can use free programs to change bitrate of existing files, but IMO much easier to just re-rip at 192kbps.

If you need even more songs to fit, you could rip at a lower bitrate (than 192) - even as low as 128 - & probably won't notice the difference. G

DTM 23:59 29 Sep 05

Thank you for your help. I will give cdex a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…