Software to monitor install & uninstall ?

csqwared 19:48 19 Feb 06

Hi Folks

I am currently using part of the Norton suite (Norton System Works/Cleansweep) as amonitor for any application installs I carry out. I have found it a boon when it comes to uninstalling stuff no longer needed, often finding bits that the Windows Add/Remove option leaves behind. It's the only bit of the suite I have installed and I am soon to upgrade to XP Pro from Win98. Is there anything among the free utilities that will do the same job as I am reluctant to install Norton onto the new OS?

Stuartli 22:58 19 Feb 06

DriveCleaner Pro (free) will do what you require:

click here

Particularly good for getting rid of old nVidia and ATi bits and bobs after uninstalling graphics drivers.

csqwared 18:07 20 Feb 06

Thanks for your input but it's not quite what I was looking for, only seems to work with drivers. The Norton utility monitors the install, creates a log which is then useful should you have a problem with an uninstall. However your link did lead me to a utility (Total Uninstall) which seems to cover what I want although it's not freeware. Can't have everything I suppose eh. I'll leave unticked for the time being in case there are more ideas out there but thanks once again for your help.

cc

Coff 18:20 20 Feb 06

Last freeware version of Total Uninstall click here

Trash it from click here but it's shareware.

csqwared 19:32 20 Feb 06

Thanks coff, noted those links. Once I've got XP installed I'll have a further look at the links suggested by you and stuartli. Thanks again to you both.

cc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017