Software Licence

fitshase 17:43 29 May 03

I have purchased a piece of educational software for my girlfriend to use in the classroom (she is training to be a teacher). However, upon unpacking everything (removing the shrink-wrap from the box and the CD case) and opening the CD case, I find the licence agreement:-

"This product is licensed only for personal use by display on only one computer screen at a time. You may not rent or lease this product or use it for public performances or for display on more than one screen at a time...."

Does this mean that she cannot use it in school -which will only be used on one screen for a class of about 27 to view in addition to reading the accompanying book?

I have tried to e-mail the company twice but have had no reply (one e-mail was sent about 3 weeks ago and still no reply). I have tried phoning but just get an engaged tone.

She is being observed on Monday for an ICT class where she wanted to use this software. Can anyone shed any light?

Regards

Fitshase

Pesala 17:55 29 May 03

You have shown your honest intent by contacting the software company. Go ahead and use it in the classroom. If they have any objections they will reply .

Despicable Desperado 23:28 29 May 03

Don't think the hit squad will decend on your girlfriend!! Also don't think 27 or so in a classroom constitutes a public performance. You did mention it was educational software didn't you? How else is it supposed to be used? Unless it's a Microsoft product!!

jeez 01:46 30 May 03

any software I buy I use as I see fit, if they got a problem they can sue me, simple as that.

fitshase 17:00 30 May 03

Cheers for all the replys, I have now had a response from the Publisher:-

"A small classroom wouldn't be classed as a public performance, so it is fine to use this title, in a classroom.

Please do not hesitate to get back to me if you still experience a problem."

Happy ending!

Regards

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…