Software issue (blue screen shutdown

Steve26 09:26 01 Dec 09

I have a Dell laptop which periodically shuts down with a blue screen. I have been through the hardware and pc checks in the system and it is all fine and Dell tell me its a software issue but before I have to subscribe to Dell to fix it I wonder if anyone has a fix I can try

howard64 09:31 01 Dec 09

most dells have a recovery section on the hard drive which puts it back to how it left the factory. Backup your stuff before doing it as it wipes everything from the hard drive.

Steve26 09:38 01 Dec 09

Thanks for your swift response..This sounds quite a drastic solution before I proceed, will all the programs be re-instored and is this the only or best solution

birdface 09:45 01 Dec 09

Sometimes it is faulty memory that causes it.
If you have 2 sticks of memory remove one and see if it works any better,if not remove that one and try with the other one.
If still the same it will probably not be the memory.
Have you tried device manager to see if there are any yellow exclamation marks beside any of your drivers.

Les28 10:28 01 Dec 09

Anything showing in windows event viewer? Any blue screen error message? Wouldn't be overheating would it, is the laptop running on a firm level surface?

howard64 11:31 01 Dec 09

it will reinstall the operating system and any other progs that the laptop was supplied with. If you have installed other progs these will be wiped out and you will have to reinstall them. This is the easy way out for dell but not necessarily for you. If they are right about it being a software issue have you installed something new prior to this happening? You could try removing things you have installed one at a time and see if this fixes things for you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:59 01 Dec 09

What is the error message / code on the Blue screen?

Steve26 15:31 07 Dec 09

I have checked the Dell system very thoroughly with hard drive system checks which all report the system is ok
I cannot see an error message code when this shuts down
I think this may have some thing to do with facebook and the connected web page of the farm as this is the site which it always occurs on
Could this be due to the security settings
Still require help if any one knows why it happens

Les28 21:02 07 Dec 09

Is it your internet browser that's crashing the pc when you visit Facebook Farm, what browser are you using and have you tried deleting your temporary internet files? Does this crashing only happen when you're running the browser?
Been looking at these couple of sites here and I'm not suggesting you've got a virus, but maybe need to check out your Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave Player as mentioned in one of the posts.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…