software install..missing DLL.file HELP! please

lixdexik 20:05 07 Jan 04

I have just bought Pinnacle studio 8 se software, It should run on win98 or so the blurb says...I have an original win98 not se.. but the blurb does not mention win98se...

Anyway..within studio 8 there is another prog that is installed at the same time..it is when this install tries to update the registry I get the message..required dll file not found..The file name is..OLEACC.DLL

When I try to open the prog I get the message...There is a problem with the studio8 licence installation, please reinstall the software to rectify the problem..I have done a repair installation and the problem still exists.

Does anybody know where this dll. file can be found and if I can get it, what do I do with it..Can it just be coppied and pasted into the registry and then reinstall the prog and see what happens, or will this action just screw up an otherwise happy computer.

Any help most welcome.

Cheers Lixdexik

leo49 20:15 07 Jan 04

From googling I've found this quite a common problem with various software progs - all seems to revolve around the necessity to have Microsoft Active Accessibility 2.0.

Take out space before //

http: //click here

lixdexik 20:19 07 Jan 04

I have downloaded the prog to the HDD and will now install it. I will keep you posted..

Cheers Lixdexik.

leo49 20:21 07 Jan 04

You might have to uninstall and then reinstall the prog that throws up the error.

lixdexik 21:52 07 Jan 04

I have done another repair install and all went well ..no missing files..There now seems to be an issue with the capture card not starting up.. but this was an issue with the older version of studio as well..I have now uninstalled everything and will try a clean install, otherwise it's back to the old software which worked ok. Really the computer is a bit slow for the new software, just on the basic requirements. This would be a good reason to buy a newer model..Don't think me misses will be up for it though..

Thanks for your help.

Cheers Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac