Software Installation with XP

Justabitbaffled 09:45 27 Feb 04

Help!

I had to buy a new Windows XP PC top run a recently purchased copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Whilst I have been able to successfully re-install Norton Internet security,MS Office(2000), Photoshop and AutoCad.I have also re-installed BT internet software. However when installing Acrobat the install bar fills to about 70% and stops.

I also experience this with Omnipage Pro.

I have tried the technical help desk at Adobe but they are baffled also.

Any suggestions would be most gratefully received (I'm now over a grand down and still no Acrobat!)

Thanks

evenmorebaffled

Any suggestions?

anon1 09:54 27 Feb 04

do you have the antivirus software running while trying to install adobe? If yes try turning it off during installation

Justabitbaffled 10:00 27 Feb 04

I have tried installation with the AV software on and off.

I have also disabled the firewall in XP (preferring to use that in Norton)

Justabitbaffled 10:17 27 Feb 04

Things have just got worse;

I have just downloaded (via automatic update advise) several (12mb) "critical updates".

These have up to now been !installing" for 10 minutes, although nothing appears to be happening.

Diodorus Siculus 10:23 27 Feb 04

I hope this is not too late to suggest, but can you do a fresh install of WinXP. Then get relevant updates - drivers and OS.

Set a restore point.

Install Acrobat and set a restore point.

Install each piece of software and set a restore point afterwards.

Justabitbaffled 10:28 27 Feb 04

So far as a fresh install is concerned the machine only came out of the box yesterday!

I have tried to restore the system to the start but this didnt work either.

medicine hat 10:50 27 Feb 04

Have you contacted the new system's customer support staff?

Justabitbaffled 10:54 27 Feb 04

Its the next task; but my experience shows that someone watching this site will usually have the answer!

Chegs ® 11:05 27 Feb 04

Can you try downloading and installing the free Adobe pdf reader,if that completes OK,then try the cd again.

Justabitbaffled 11:09 27 Feb 04

The .pdf reader is already installed as part of the system

thms 11:21 27 Feb 04

Go to start/run type in sfc /scannow
(note space between c&/)

This will check for missing files. Though if you only got it yesterday all files should be there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…