Software Installation

RickH0684 20:07 19 Jan 11

Hi Peeps,

Little problem that I cant seem to get ma head round... Hopefully someone can help :-)

When trying to install software that downloads its installation files through a smaller application, for eg. Google Chrome or Windows Live Mail... I get to the applicable website download the initial file but once the application that will continue with the install launches it is not able to establish an internet connection...

There is an internet connection as I go to the website originally and Im using the same laptop to log in here...

The programs detailed above are the ones Im having trouble with... Ps checked firewall/disabled firewall and still having problems... No other security software installed,

Thanks again,

Rick0684

GaT7 20:15 19 Jan 11

Try downloading the full installers instead: click here & click here (scroll down for the latter). G

RickH0684 01:35 20 Jan 11

Hi there,

I didnt realise as there was no icon in the taskbar indicating that Norton was also running, it appears that this may have been causing the problems as after I uninstalled and restarted all the problems were gone,

Thanks for the response,

Rick0684

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now