Software for Imaging / Ghosting Hard Drive????

goose1984 19:44 06 Dec 03

Hiya all!

I am getting a new hard drive & I fort it wud be a gud back up idea if i installed windows, then all my regular progs, then take an image of the hdd.

My question is what is the best software for this? Is there anything i should look out for?

Cheers in advanced

Goose

csqwared 19:52 06 Dec 03

Hiya to U2

The best'n I've fun s'far is PowerQuest Drive Image. I use it on a regular basis ('bout once a month) just as a safeguard. It's easy to use and should present no problems.

Cheers

Carl

Diodorus Siculus 19:54 06 Dec 03

My best suggestion is Norton Ghost - click here for a good guide. It costs about £30 or so.

Your new hdd may have a utility you can use.

Free options include xxcopy.

jimv7 19:55 06 Dec 03

100% with Diodorus Siculus

Matterhorn 19:58 06 Dec 03

I would recommend Drive Image 7 for XP. Even the handbook seems to make sense - requires Net framework.

TommyRed 20:05 06 Dec 03

I've just done exactly the same on a new PC using Acronis True Image 6.0, read up on the three True Image, DriveImage and Norton Ghost and decided on this, got to say it's easy once you get into it. Got mine from Amazon but I'm sure there's cheaper places. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…