Software to handle website Access management

hans100 16:11 14 Jul 06

So many programs out there and I simply cannot find anything that focuses on this area of security.

Any suggestions welcome on software that I can pay attention to.
IE I think I should be asking for a script but not sure ...as long as access is granted exclusively to a registered password and logged on my site.

Any links welcome
Thanks

splatter 16:24 14 Jul 06

Do you want users to be able to register, or do you want the sole responsibility of assigning user names and passwords?

If you want sole responsibility, and providing your server is running apache you can use .htaccess There are plenty of places around the net with tutorials all about .htaccess but a good start would be: click here (javascriptkit.com)

If on the other hand you would rather users to be able to register etc then you should check out hotscripts.com (click here) to see what is on offer. There are many free scripts there and, of course, there are commercial scripts which you need to purchase.

hans100 23:26 14 Jul 06

Thx Splatter for advice..read another posting of mine -nearby- You see Im not a programming person- just a regular greying dude with sufficient knowledge to get around the web and set up a site with a WYSIWYG program! However I have endeavoured for the past 2 days and more trying to get to grips with this lot but Im afraid to say I have really cluttered my limited knowledge with $#@*&^$ that I guess I rather just give away and ask for donations!
You see Im wondering where all this script is going coz on the other end there is nano technology also bearing down!Now what was perception again?
Did you ever hear about that fad called Science fiction ? Good for illusion and star war movies but what can you call the process result of this digital technology development that we would progress to in 10 yrs time -equivilent to the combined 200 years back? This exponential factor is a identity thief,I tell u! Sorry Im off the subject but I went to Hot script.com and Script search.com. So hows the choice hey--only about 100 plus options but Who can tell me which ONE of all those programs to choose! Way out of it ..but thanks ..Tell you what BUY Au! It has never changed and has no plan to --beside the price of course!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant