Software firewalls other than Zonealarm?

Silver_Surfer1 22:48 22 Mar 06

Hello all,

I've been experiencing some slow/denied access internet speeds recently, I've tried to load a page, it's been taking ages, then as soon as I goto ZA's firewall settings and disable the firewall, the site loads, within a second.

Are there any settings I can change to alter this, and are there any other good software firewalls out there (free) that people can recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

johnnyrocker 22:57 22 Mar 06

i personally switched to sygate after a lot of issues with za and have been very pleased, there are others but best to check for yourself click here

johnny.

Belatucadrus 22:58 22 Mar 06

click here Sunbelt Kerio.

click here Wyvernworks.

click here R-firewall

click here Fiesclab.

click here Jetico.

click here Netveda.

Kerio is the best, but there's plenty to choose from.

spuds 23:01 22 Mar 06

Zonealarm is one of the well recommended free firewalls, which provides ingoing and outgoing protection. If you are using XP, you could use the firewall from that, but that is ingoing only, and not as well recommended.

Have you run any anti-spyware etc, to see if that is the problem with slowness.

johnnyrocker 23:01 22 Mar 06

never got on with kerio when i tried it but that may be me ;))

johnny.

gudgulf 23:03 22 Mar 06

Sunbelt/Kerio click here

Download the trial.....runs as a free, slightly limited function version after trial period.

That does not mean low levels of protection though.

Works well with AOL too...unlike ZoneAlarm which gave me the same problems you are having.It's far and away the best I have used to date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…