Software DVD Player

ventanas 08:48 30 Jun 04

I need to play a dvd on my PC but don't have a player installed. I have recently installed a dvd-rw which, being OEM wasn't supplied with one.

I do have a copy of Power DVD which was supplied with the now removed dvd-rom, but never installed.It states on the disc "For LG bundles only" My query is will this player work with the new NEC dvd-rw or would it be tied to the old drive like some versions of Nero are. I have tried Media Player (v8) but get the usual message about missing codecs.

The power DVD disc does have a CD key on the cover. I don't really want to install it if it's going to be pointless. Although it may put on the needed codecs for MP.

Diodorus Siculus 08:50 30 Jun 04

As you say, it may install the relevant codecs; fialing that, I have a CD here with PowerDVD deluxe that came with my sound card but which I don't use. You can have it if you wish - just mail me and I will stick it in the post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…