Software to download iPod to iTunes

WGW 00:08 09 Sep 07

My PC recently required a re-format before I had the chance to back anything up. Amongst other things I lost my complete iTunes library. I know it's possible to download from my iPod to iTunes, but unfortunately iTunes will not let me do it.

Can anyone please recommend software that will do this and is free to download? I know of a package that will let me download 100 tunes, but I've got over 2000 to transfer.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

you could have a look at this
click here

this looks quite good
click here

WGW 01:29 09 Sep 07

Thanks Raven but Ephod doesn't seem to run with newer iPods and Yammi is more like a substitute for iTunes. As mentioned previously, Copytrans does the job but only for 100 tunes unless you pay. Looks like I'll need to get the wallet out.

mymate 09:28 09 Sep 07

This is free to try click here
I have never used Itunes at all on my Ipod .

Hi WGW,
Ive just used yamipod to transfer music from ipod to pc using my daughters ipod nano 4gb(6 months old)
(select all,then copy to folder)
I then dragged the folder to itunes 7.4,they appeared and played from the library.

Heres the catch...
My pc didnt have itunes on it,i transferred the songs from the ipod first,then downloaded itunes in that order. no problem
I then noticed after installing itunes,this disabled yamipod in some way.
yamipod would only function again if i did one of two things
1.disabled/killed the processes relating to itunes/apple
2.uninstalling itunes

so if your itunes library is empty,can i suggest uninstalling,use yamipod to copy to pc,redownload itunes and drag to the library.
Thats of course if nothing better comes along:-)

WGW 12:24 09 Sep 07

Thanks MyMate and Raven.

MyMate - I tried that site without much success.

Raven - That makes sense and sounds like the way to go. I'll give it a try and let you know how I got on. It's actually nearer 3000 songs, so it will take a wee bit of time.

Thanks again.

Hi,WGW
found a way of running both on pc,without killing the services and uninstalling itunes(though cant have open at same time)

set your ipod as a hard drive
to do this,plug in ipod and open itunes
from devices in left pane>administrators>options from middle pane,check the box enable disc use
click here

WGW 12:40 10 Sep 07

Raven: Thanks for the additional info, however, I had already uninstalled iTunes. Anyway, your first suggestion worked a treat for me and apart from the playlists needing to be re-populated (I was planning to change them anyway), I've now got my iTunes library back as it was prior to the re-format.

So thanks again.

P.S. - I suspect the other recommendations would have been as effective if I had uninstalled iTunes first.

2neat 12:48 10 Sep 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…