Software to create photo 'library'

maltose 11:59 01 Oct 08

I want to 'catalogue' my many photos and create a sortable index, in which, with a single click on a selected photo, I will be able to see that photo. Is there softwate to do this, can XL do it?

VoG II 12:05 01 Oct 08

Perhaps click here

maltose 12:26 01 Oct 08

Thank you VoG™ for a very prompt reply. I have revisited Picasa and am not sure it is what I want. Indeed its own help forum has some members asking for better 'indexing'. I guess I am looking for a freebe software like ACD.

iambeavis 12:39 01 Oct 08

Have you tried "Faststone Image Viewer" - click here

maltose 13:09 01 Oct 08

thank you iambeavis. My normal photo software is either Photolab Express or Serif Photoplus niether they nor I, suspect, fasttone image viewer, appear to do what I want. Perhaps I should be more specific. I want to 'tag' each photo with five fields - date, place, category, sub group and title. I want to be able to sort the records by any of these fields, select the appropriate photo record(displayed in text line)click on it and then see the photo. Am I asking too much?

iambeavis 13:19 01 Oct 08

"XnView"? - click here

"Exifer" - click here

"PhotoMe" - click here

Perhaps one of these will do what you require.

maltose 13:27 01 Oct 08

Hey this looks hopeful. Exifer's own site talks the language. I have to 'go out' now but will investigate further this pm. Thanks iambeavis

iambeavis 13:48 01 Oct 08

The screenshots for "PhotoMe" look as though it may be what you're looking for.

iambeavis 15:06 01 Oct 08

And another one "PhoA" which looks promising - click here
Screenshots - click here

maltose 22:36 01 Oct 08

Sorted! I can use XL to make up the data base and add insert hyperlink as one of the fields. Thanks to you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…