//some 3rd party need geo

Software Copy Protection

DocP 11:55 17 Mar 05

I'm a small-time developer, looking for simple ways to copy protect my software. It's low-value stuff, so I'm not looking to anything sophisticated - and I already have an algorithm which I think will be adequate.

However, can anyone point me to a web resource which explains copy protection methods. There might be something I've not thought of I can use.

Many thanks

Philip

Technotiger 13:14 17 Mar 05

Hi, you may have already checked here, but if not -

click here

Cheers.

€dstowe 13:25 17 Mar 05

As none of the big software manufacturers or audio/video companies have managed to produce a viable copy protection system, it is doubtful that you could do it.

If, by chance you have an algorithm which will do the job, you stand to make an awful lot of money.

gudgulf 14:28 17 Mar 05

Sadly that isn't true.....Valve managed to stop the game appearing before its official release but has not stopped cracked versions of Half-Life 2 appearing....do a Google search you will see what I mean.I agree it is far and away more effective than most others but it comes at a price with Steam.

Apologies for butting in DocP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…