Software Conflick

Lol36 23:48 05 Sep 03

Hi.
I recently bought a software called ViaVoice For windows XP, After successfully installing it, and everything seem to be working o`k, I noticed that there was a problem in the microsoft words 2000, it caused a conflick with the office assistance, which it stopped it from working and came up with error reports, which told you to report to microsoft, but never got any reply to the solution on how to solve the problem, when you click on the end task this cause more problems, as this cause the computer to freeze, so it ment that I had to turn it off at the main computer button,
I would like to know if anyone else has experience this, have you got any idea on how to solve the conflick, I suppose it is the software that is corrupting the other application that is in words, excel etc.

thank you

Rtus 00:10 06 Sep 03

I vaguely remember Finding a compatability heading in Accessories Look there to see if those settings can help with the software.. If that can help Or not I dont know I as dont have WinXP but a friend runs it and we found by using the compatability settings he was able to load older software..(like old versions of publisher)

Djohn 00:15 06 Sep 03

If You are using Office XP as well as XP for your operating system, [O/S] then make sure you do not have the built in voice recognition enabled, this will cause a conflict with ViaVoice. j.

Lol36 09:22 07 Sep 03

Hi.
I am not quite sure what you are trying to tell me about the two applications with the Viavoice and the office 2000.
first of all, my system is windows XP Home edition, secondly I am running Microsoft Office 2000 Professional, and thirdly I installed the latest version of Viavoice release 10.
I like to point out that I tried everything to get the office assistant back, after notice that the Viavoice had corrupt files in the office 2000 I decided to Uninstall the Viavoice, hoping that the office assistant would come back which it did not, so I decided then to uninstall the office 2000 and then reinstall it again, but even though I did not have the ViaVoice on the computer the office assistant still did not work and still came up with the same error report and still would not shut the computer down properly and it still only freezing the computer.
I thought that when I started using the ViaVoice application in like words etc, I thought it was great, but if it is causing other problems then I dare not install again unless someone can come up with any solution that both application can run together without corrupting any files,
so I would like to know how I can Solve in getting back the office assistant as well getting both software to work together, or there a fault in the ViaVoice Applications.

Lol36 18:42 08 Sep 03

Hi. I am not quite sure what you are trying to tell me about the two applications with the Viavoice and the office 2000. first of all, my system is windows XP Home edition, secondly I am running Microsoft Office 2000 Professional, and thirdly I installed the latest version of Viavoice release 10. I like to point out that I tried everything to get the office assistant back, after notice that the Viavoice had corrupt files in the office 2000 I decided to Uninstall the Viavoice, hoping that the office assistant would come back which it did not, so I decided then to uninstall the office 2000 and then reinstall it again, but even though I did not have the ViaVoice on the computer the office assistant still did not work and still came up with the same error report and still would not shut the computer down properly and it still only freezing the computer. I thought that when I started using the ViaVoice application in like words etc, I thought it was great, but if it is causing other problems then I dare not install again unless someone can come up with any solution that both application can run together without corrupting any files, so I would like to know how I can Solve in getting back the office assistant as well getting both software to work together, or there a fault in the ViaVoice Applications
hope to hear from you.

Lol36 18:59 08 Sep 03

Hi.
My system is Windows XP home, I have microsoft Office 2000 Pro, I also run the latest version of ViaVoice release 10.
I uninstall the ViaVoice to see if the office assistant would work but did not, I uninstall office 2000 and re-install it again but still had problems.
I dont know if you got my second reply to my problem, please could you let me know what to do to get the problem solve.

Rtus 20:33 08 Sep 03

We need a little more info on your system ..
Type of proccessor & memory (how much) etc etc
But in the link below may help you to track down the resolution ..

click here

I Dont use Xp and dont have access to spare drive to add any more software to my system So cannot help much..Do use the link and browse its additional links to other pages it may help...
Other than that your back to the top ..

By the way if you want to keep it on the front page add a " refresh" now and again to boost it to the top ..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…