Software for communication on network

Gary Wood 14:03 23 Aug 08

I have a server running Windows Server 2003, with users logging in remotely via Terminal Services.

I want to implement a communications system similar to a forum, where users can post and reply to messages.

However, I'd like some kind of message window to display when users login, drawing attention to new messages, to make it easy for people to stay up to date.

Can anyone recommend and software which will let me do this?

Thanks,

Gary

Giggle n' Bits 16:18 23 Aug 08

or maybe Outlook 2007 ?

Gary Wood 18:03 24 Aug 08

Chips~&~Bytes,

Thanks for your reply. I currently run Exchange Server with Outlook 2007, but this means that all communications are via email. I really want something like a forum, where users can start threads, post replies and where everyone can see comments by other users. Doing this by email means every message being generated as an email and replicated in every user's mailbox.

I could use a web-based forum to get this functionality, of course. However, the trouble with that is it requires users to remember to visit the forum site periodically, to read new messages. That's why I wanted some form of "dashboard", which could be opened automatically in a window when users log in, and update itself to show the latest posts and messages in the forum, to draw attention to them.

I've spent quite a long time looking for something to do this online, but I can't find any suitable software.

Gary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…