Software CDROM

mpanzalone 19:14 18 Jul 03

Hello Everyone,

I've got a new Dell 4600 desktop with an CDROM and DVD drive. I put a data(software) CDROM in the drive and it won't play. The screen flashes for a split second and that's it. When I try another CD it works. Is it the CDROM itself or is there somrthing else I should try?

Also, I plugged in a USB wireless adapter and during the configuration the machine tells me the adapter is unplugged. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for the help!!!

woodchip 19:20 18 Jul 03

Cd drives will not always play certain discs, do not ask me why something to do with either the speed of the CD drive being too fast or from format.

For usb you may have to go into bios and enable usb

woodchip 19:20 18 Jul 03

that should read wrong format

mpanzalone 00:45 19 Jul 03

This issue is not resolved. I accidentally clicked the resolved button.

Thanks Woodchip, but the USB is enabled in the BIOS. Also, wouldn't you think a new CDROM dreive and a new LinkSys wireless adapter Configuration CDROM should be compatible?

DieSse 09:14 19 Jul 03

I'm sure they're compatible, but the actual CD itself could be faulty. Try checking it in another system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…