Software CD which has virus:

23790954 21:29 19 Dec 08

Hi there again,

I have a very good printshop software programme, which I have used regularly in the past without a problem. Since changing to windows XP pro. and installing AVG security, whenever I attempt to install the programme, now, from the cd, the installation stops before completing, and warns me of the disc containing viruses, which never happened before. After cancelling the installation, I checked the system with the AVG security, which revealed that there were 2 virus threats on the system, which was rectified.
As I do NOT have a clue about this kind of thing, I wondered if it was possible to clean this installation cd in any way, so that I can safely install the programme. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated.
Many thanks to all who offer advice.

MAJ 21:37 19 Dec 08

It's unusual to have a virus on a software CD as they are checked rigorously during the manufacturing process. It could be that AVG is reporting a false positive and it's heuristic scanning is picking up something that, in the code view, resembles a virus code.
Try copying the contents of the CD to the hard drive (give it a folder of it's own) and after scanning again, run the installation from the hard drive.

23790954 22:10 19 Dec 08

Many thanks Maj, I'll give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac