Software CD not recognised

TOPCAT® 16:30 02 Mar 04

Using Windows Millennium.

Just installed a new Sony CDR/RW CRX230A in my PC. It will recognise and play Audio CDs, but when I try to install software for it I get the error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file...

Device Manager, strangely enough, states it is a CRX203E, but the label on the drive reads a CRX203A (October 2003). DM states all is OK with installation and the correct drive letter is in the boxes. DMA is enabled.

The software CD supplied with the drive contains 'B's Clip' and a trial version of 'B's Recorder Gold5' Does it do a good job or is there something better I should use, please? Thanks in advance for any help with this. TC.

siouxah1 19:58 02 Mar 04

Have used B's Gold 5 in the past. Came with LG DVD RW drive.

Used on W2K machine.

Did everything I asked of it without problem.

However I am a "dyed in the wool" Nero user. So am using Nero 6 now. Which I recommend to you. Seems to do everything but make the tea. However some seem unable to get along with that programme.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 19:58 02 Mar 04

Have used B's Gold 5 in the past. Came with LG DVD RW drive.

Used on W2K machine.

Did everything I asked of it without problem.

However I am a "dyed in the wool" Nero user. So am using Nero 6 now. Which I recommend to you. Seems to do everything but make the tea. However some seem unable to get along with that programme.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 20:01 02 Mar 04

PS, sorry can't help with drive problem.

siouxah1 20:01 02 Mar 04

PS, sorry can't help with drive problem.

TOPCAT® 21:00 02 Mar 04

Thanks for the input - I happen to have Nero 5.5 so might give it a try if I can be certain of no conflict between them.

First time I've ever had a CD rewriter and I get this problem. Checked on the Web and can only find answers to problems not reading audio CDs. Such is life!! :o) TC.

TOPCAT® 21:00 02 Mar 04

Thanks for the input - I happen to have Nero 5.5 so might give it a try if I can be certain of no conflict between them.

First time I've ever had a CD rewriter and I get this problem. Checked on the Web and can only find answers to problems not reading audio CDs. Such is life!! :o) TC.

siouxah1 21:22 02 Mar 04

TOPCAT,

Do not want to "teach granny to suck eggs", but have a check on Nero site for latest 5.5 updates and drives supported.

Hey! I'm not saying you're a granny!!!:-).

If my memory serves me right I had a problem with a drive and Nero that required an update of the ASPI file. Have a look on the Nero site ref this file.

Regards Brian j

siouxah1 21:22 02 Mar 04

TOPCAT,

Do not want to "teach granny to suck eggs", but have a check on Nero site for latest 5.5 updates and drives supported.

Hey! I'm not saying you're a granny!!!:-).

If my memory serves me right I had a problem with a drive and Nero that required an update of the ASPI file. Have a look on the Nero site ref this file.

Regards Brian j

TOPCAT® 21:55 02 Mar 04

Will do that siouxah1.

Now things are getting really serious. I can't even access my PCA cover disks!! Dagnammit!!! TC.

TOPCAT® 21:55 02 Mar 04

Will do that siouxah1.

Now things are getting really serious. I can't even access my PCA cover disks!! Dagnammit!!! TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…