software causing crash

mobyhill 00:17 15 Oct 04

The ati software on my PC causes my system to crash every half hour or so, giving me the message
'the ati2dvag display driver has stoped working normally'
I've tried reinstalling the software and changing my screen settings from 16bit to 32bit, but I'm not having any luck. Can anyone please help.

Giggle n' Bits 00:27 15 Oct 04

fully remove the ATI software/driver from your system, then reinstall again.

hugh-265156 00:34 15 Oct 04

not sure sorry. can you give us some more info please? what are your system specs, are you up to date with windows updates and drivers for motherboard and graphics card?

'ati2dvag.dll' in the error is the ati driver name.

what i would do is remove all traces of the installed drivers and clean out any junk left behind by old drivers then install the latest ati drivers fresh and see what happens next maybe?

download drivercleaner click here read and read instructions. run it after uninstalling the drivers. get the latest ones click here

mobyhill 00:35 15 Oct 04

Yeah tried that one - no luck though.

hugh-265156 00:48 15 Oct 04

can you give us some more info then please? what have you tried and what graphics card, os and drivers are you using? when does this happen?

have you tried system restore if using xp or me?

mobyhill 01:42 15 Oct 04

Appart from what i've already mentioned i've tried system restore(xp), which hasn't worked and i'm radeon 9600. That's really all I know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…