software advice please

timerep 09:46 25 Jan 06

hello again,
can anyone recommend a program that can be used to get rid of programs installed in windows xp. For example, the remove programs facility in xp and most programs own uninstall facilities remove the program but leave traces in the registary and folders scatterd about. I have made several software changes due to hardware changes and remnents of other programs seem to remain hidden in the system. Is there anything that can get rid of this, I have tried things like registary mechanic but it only tidies up things it won't remove redundant drivers from the system for example. It would be great if there is a prog out there that I can use to clean up my pc as its getting a bit clogged up can anyone suggest something?

SANTOS7 09:53 25 Jan 06

click here
i have used this

rawprawn 10:27 25 Jan 06

It's worth running this after uninstalling programs. click here Simple select Regscrub finds problems/Select all/Delete. I have never used Registry Mechanic so I can't comment on any difference.

timerep 13:30 25 Jan 06

very many thanks have tried both options good and bad but between them just the job, has anyone had experience of registary mechanic and if so what are your opinions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…