Softice/ Winice - debugger problems

Mark-323050 15:53 26 Oct 03

Hi,

After installing some software I restarted and all seemd to go well. Later when I right clicked on a file to delete it. Even if I left click to select a file then go to explorer menu to delete\ rename etc the file I am then greeted with this message:-
"Protection Error

Debugger detected - please close it down and restart!

Windows NT users: Please note that having the
Winice/ Softice service means that you are running a debugger!"

I have been through system processes etc and cannot find any reference to Winice or Softice.

I am running XP pro with all service packs and updates and Norton AV 2003 with latest sigs.

Any help gratefully accepted

picleo

spikeychris 18:43 26 Oct 03

Should really say what the TP software was but To begin with, there are two known problems causing this message, both resulting from third-party software using debugger-like approaches.

If you have an AMD processor and use ULEAD graphics software products, remove or rename amdfix.sys. If you have an Audigy 2 soundcard, turn off the welcome screen in its drivers.

Pasted

Mark-323050 20:16 26 Oct 03

Many thanks spikeychris.

The renaming the amdfix.sys solved the problem. I had just installed Ulead Photoimpact 8 so your solution was spot on.

Again many thanks.
Picleo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…