//some 3rd party need geo

socket error # 11001 host not found

rj :) 22:52 07 Jun 05

Please help!! I keep getting "socket error # 11001 host not found". This happens after i connect to the internet (broadband) and then open up either IE, Firefox or Outlook. I've ran virus, spyware, adware killers.
Does anybody out there know how to fix this? I have the following:
Win XP SP2 (plus updates)
A Belkin bluetooth dongle
AVG
Zone Alarm
Adaware
Spybot

Number 7 23:41 07 Jun 05

From what I can find out the error is DNS related.

Open Internet Explorer and type this into the address bar: 66.102.7.104

It should take you to click here

If it does, then turn off your computer and all associated hardware, reboot and try again.

pauldonovan 11:01 08 Jun 05

..can you actually browse web pages ok though?

You might want to install a firewall such as ZoneAlarm which will advise you when things are trying to connect to the net and then you can see what it is that's trying to connect.

rj :) 10:34 09 Jun 05

Number 7: I use a lap top so I've removed the bluetooth dongle so only the mouse, cable modem and the USB2 card is connected but i still get the pop-up.

pauldonovan: yeah, i've been able to use the internet and send/receive emails via Outlook ok. I use Zone Alarm so i might try uninstalling it and then re-installing it so that all my software that need the interent will be "asked" again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…