Socket error # 10054 connection reset by peer, further to other questions

Bargee 12:45 PM 03 Oct 12

Hiya,

I've just started getting this error message & on reading other answers to it on this helproom, nothing advised in those threads seems to work for me.

The annoying aspect for me is that on boot this morning, everything worked OK, but later on in the day, it reverted back to the error. I've tried deleting & re-entering the email accounts affected, I've tried reverting the HD to before the problem started using the XP tool & nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a problem with my email server as the affected email addresses use the same Free Parking server, whilst my business email is unaffected.

Any ideas?

Bargee 15:05 PM 03 Oct 12

Shame you weren't able to post properly Jock1e, the link though useful, doesn't really help me to overcome the problem. Probably because I can't quite understand it! LOL.

Is it saying that my thought that its the Free Parking server that is the one causing it, the actual problem?

Woolwell 15:57 PM 03 Oct 12

If you can access the business emails ok then the indication is that the Free Parking server is not responding hence the error message. See Trouble shooting socket errors

Bargee 15:37 PM 04 Oct 12

Everything's back to normal. Can only assume that as Woolwell says, the Free Parking server must have been the problem. I contacted their support team via their web site & have had no response as yet. Let you know if they divulge the actual problem.

Cheers for the responses.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay