socket error 10054

Blubottle 09:34 14 Jan 08

Can anyone tell what this error is and what causes it.I have had this occur 3-4 times now.
regards

MAJ 09:37 14 Jan 08

What are you trying to do at the time the error appears?

johnnyrocker 09:48 14 Jan 08

have a look here click here=

johnny.

Blubottle 10:56 15 Jan 08

Hi johnyrocker, thanks for your input.
to answer you Q I was trying to access my emails via my email client "Thunderbird" and got error message.
"Socket error#10054 connection reset by peer" this disables my emails send/recieve it does clear but this has happened 3-4 times now. It does not though stop access to the net just my emails.

MAJ 11:45 15 Jan 08

It's possibly caused by your email scanning software, maybe, AVG's builtin scanner. Which Antivirus package are you using?

Blubottle 09:49 16 Jan 08

I use Avast home edition, and have been for about 18 months never had problem before.

MAJ 10:07 16 Jan 08

That doesn't mean there isn't a problem now, Blubottle. Temporarily disable the email scanning option in Avast, see if it cures the problem.

Blubottle 11:01 19 Jan 08

over the last 2-3 day's this problem has not re-appeared, I suspect it is my ISP sodding about with their servers. I emailed them with this problem but like all ISP's they don't answer.
PIPEX,,,now a Tiscali company. nuff said!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…