Socket 939 Motherboard reviews wanted

Giggle n' Bits 21:01 12 Mar 06

Can people post here if you know where I can find motherboard reviews for AMD Socket 939 motherboards please.
the only one I remember is hexus.net.

Totally-braindead 21:09 12 Mar 06
  Giggle n' Bits 21:16 12 Mar 06

can I ask you, if I got a Motherboard with the SLI feature, if I never used the SLI twin graphics cards, would the M/board be restricted using only 1 PCI Express card ?

Sees to me a good Socket 939 board nowadays have SLI, I need a good board but not the SLI.

007al 21:27 12 Mar 06

You cauld look through the guru3d forum to see what people say abouth their boards,if they have had problems etc. click here
Using an SLI board with one card would have no restrictions,except you may get the urge to add another card later!

ulrich 21:42 12 Mar 06

I am running an ASUS A8N SLI Premium with one Gcard looking at Forums on other sites, 2 g cards don't look too impressive, maybe someone else will say different.

007al 21:56 12 Mar 06

should have started your own thread,you may get more response.
I use Abit Fatal1ty SLI board with two cards.Ive ran it with sindle and SLI,and there is a big difference,but not on all older games.

Giggle n' Bits 21:59 12 Mar 06

One anoying thing with some of these Asus motherboards even though they are decent some have Fans on them which I am trying to avoid. I see your Asus A8N SLI Premium board ulrich is the Heatpipe jobbie and fan free. Please confirm this.

How do you rate your board ulrich ? any reviews you know off, are most welcome. I like Asus boards.

What board do you have 007al ?

retep888 22:07 12 Mar 06

I'm running FX57 on this board with 2 Gainward 7800GTX.

Is it impressive? Yesssssssss.

I've to agree with 007al, new games only.

Heatpipe and fanless? Yes.

007al 22:23 12 Mar 06

Abit Fatal1ty SLI.
Im building an Asus SLI deluxe for someone at the moment.I`ll soon find out about the noisey fan!If its too loud,then i`ll put in a Zalman heatsink,theyre only £8.
The Abit board has two small fans where the legacy ports usually are.Theyre turned off in BIOS as they have a high pitched squeal to them,and theyre really not needed with the other cooling i have.

Giggle n' Bits 22:41 12 Mar 06

you maybe not remember, but running just 1 PCI Ex card is it still a speedy horse ?

Giggle n' Bits 22:47 12 Mar 06

I have narowed my search down to Asus range of boards. But which one ? still reading up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017