Socket 7 processor upgrade

crazydriver 20:22 23 Sep 03

I've got an AMD K6 500MHz processor in a Time PC. Is there any point in putting a processor upgrade in or is it too late?

If it is worth doing, any idea where to get the neessary bits?

gold 47 20:33 23 Sep 03

The first thing you should do is get your MOBO SPEC this will tell you what the maximum processor it will support but in view you have only a 500mhz it must be an older computer and you might find even if you wanted to upgrade the MOBO to take a faster processor it might not fit into the case i think if money is going tobe spent far better on a new computer.

Devious Dave 20:34 23 Sep 03

the socket 7 processor is no longer manufactured so if you wanted to upgrade you would have to buy a new motherboard, cpu and cpu heatsink/fan. For parts look at click here. David.

clayton 20:47 23 Sep 03

is your processor a K6-2 Or K6-3

click here

I would go for a new motherboard & processor with DDR memory.

R4 20:49 23 Sep 03

You can get a Motherboard Bundle (Motherboard Fan and memeory from £128)to upgrade if your case will take it... click here

crazydriver 21:36 23 Sep 03

Thanks for the response, it looks like its cheaper and simpler to mend it with a new one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…