socket 7

chippy+ 19:31 17 Feb 06

hi my daughter's pc has a msi alladin v.1 mother board with amd 468 processor at the moment it has 256 ram could anyone who has had this board tell me what the limit is for memory i know it is an old board but it still works but slow thanks Chippy

clayton 20:10 17 Feb 06

I think you could get away with another 256mb, are you running windows 98 ?

Eric10 20:16 17 Feb 06

Is this your motherboard? click here
As clayton says, if you are running Win98 it doesn't like more than 512MB so you shouldn't go beyond that. There is a way round this limitation but 512MB is plenty for Win98 anyway.

chippy+ 20:17 17 Feb 06

hi clayton thanks for the reply no it was w98 but i changed to xp the strange thing is when i had it and ran xp it was fine i had a network card and ntl but my daughter has a usb modem and freeserve ? i also had twice as much programs installed thanks again Chippy

bluto1 23:09 17 Feb 06

chippie+,
I`m running XP Pro with 800 MHz cpu and 512 RAM from a pc 2 board. It`s quite happy and has given me no trouble. Check with Crucial for the limits of your board.If you can do it add another HDD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…