SoBig.f Virus Twist

Jester2K II 15:21 22 Aug 03

click here

Sophos has today warned that the mass-mailing W32/Sobig-F worm, which has flooded computer users this week, could attempt to download a Trojan horse between 8pm and 11pm BST today.

Nice!

tbh72 15:31 22 Aug 03

I feel sorry for the hackers / virus makers. They should consider redirecting their skills in some other direction.....!!

37% of the spam I receive are from companies offering security / protection products that would not be needed if not for the hackers etc.

Have hackers considered the billion dollar market they have created & have they considered whom is getting richer due to their antics?

Peverelli 16:25 22 Aug 03

AVG, Zone Alarm and my "Anti-Trojan" are all up to date, so fingers crossed .......

Ben Avery 16:29 22 Aug 03

Cheers buddy

I won't be home so I'll be "safe"!!

Thanks.

BA

suzie005 17:49 22 Aug 03

yeah i was reading my email as i came on the site.anybody know owt about blocking port 8998? can't say i've heard of it and wouldn't have a clue wot to do.

jazzypop 18:18 22 Aug 03

Which version of Windows are you using?

Which firewall do you use?

Magik ®© 19:19 22 Aug 03

you should be ok if you do not open any attachments from anyone you do not know..

Magik ®© 19:20 22 Aug 03

here you can read all about it..

click here

Gaz 25 19:25 22 Aug 03

click here

Common sense is the best Antivirus.

suzie005 19:34 22 Aug 03

i'm using ME and Outpost firewall

magik

i know all about it.in fact i'm fed up of reading about it. was just that i read that little bit and wanted to know about the port thingy.no i don't open attachments willy nilly and i haven't gone messing with owt either. X

Gaz 25

i've got AVG.haven't any common sense tho.

anchor 19:39 22 Aug 03

Just updated my Norton definitions to todays release. Zone Alarm Pro is also fully active.

Fingers crossed!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…