Sober virus. Help please

Raquelmanny 14:59 24 May 04

My father has been infected with the
W32. [email protected] virus. As he cannot access the web I am posting this for him.
He has used Mcafee stinger, AVG, Mcafee antivirus and the removal tool from Symantec to try and remove the virus. All to no avail as he is still infected. Has anyone got any more ideas. Thank you very for any help.

SANTOS7 15:12 24 May 04

click here this may help, it does sugest a manual registry fix which is probably why you are still infected

Raquelmanny 15:17 24 May 04

Thanks Santos7. I'll pass that on to him and see how he gets on.

rawprawn 17:13 24 May 04

Has he been turning system restore off before running the fixes ?The blighters hide in there

Raquelmanny 22:10 24 May 04

Yes hes turned system restore off. The antivirus software finds the virus but wont quarantine or delete it. Thanks for your suggestions anyway

VoG II 22:34 24 May 04

Have you/he tried starting in Safe Mode, then deleting (or trying to)?

Raquelmanny 22:59 24 May 04

Hi Vog, Haven't tried safe mode yet. Will the antivirus scanner work in safe mode? sorry haven't had much to do with safe mode before. Thanks

stalion 23:04 24 May 04

this may help click here

VoG II 23:05 24 May 04

A very good question. My daughter's laptop recently got infected with an "irremovable" trojan. My first thought was Safe Mode, which I did. Tried to start Norton AV and received a message to the effect that Norton cannot run in Safe Mode, then it proceeded to do a full scan !?! Worth a try anyway.

TTP 23:12 24 May 04

definately is the way to go

Raquelmanny 23:21 24 May 04

Thanks stalion. Already try the symantecs removal tool and wouldn't remove it. That might work in safe mode too. A few things to try. Hes finally getting round to buying a decent antivirus now after all my nagging. But too late though really. Thanks guy for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…