So much to learn!!

Willow12 19:29 23 May 03

Being a novice who only recently found this excellent forum I have been really impressed with the level of knowledge out there. Although I appreciate that is down to either being in the industry, years at college or just built up over time I am keen to increase my own knowledge as quickly as possible.

Does anybody know of any good websites where I can do this. I want to learn what it means when you refer to hard drives as 'master and slave' and what to type under 'Run' in the Start menu to fix a mutitude of problems.

I am not looking for miracles and know that it does take time, but all the same ............... any suggestions?

VoG™ 19:35 23 May 03
  powerless 19:36 23 May 03

Any Term you see put into here click here and it swill come back with Zillions of possibles. THe search engine that nobody hates.

All computer stuff click here this will explain the terms.

click here

click here Everything Micorosft but you have to be good at the searching, practice ;-)

-pops- 19:38 23 May 03

You can't do much better than take up VoG™'s wise recommendations.

Brian

spikeychris 19:39 23 May 03

yeah post your questions here and you will learn more than you could from any book or any other site..

Welcome

Chris

-pops- 19:39 23 May 03

And Powerless' as well!!

Willow12 19:43 23 May 03

Thanks everyone, especially Powerless and VoG™. Quick response and some great links. That should keep me quiet for month or two!!

Willow12

Happy1 19:53 23 May 03

Great sites to look at. Couldn't resist. :)

Legolas 20:17 23 May 03

You could look at doing a college course part-time if you are working. Your local community centre or library will also probably run some courses.

misters 20:23 23 May 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…