So, I can't use my MP3 player to play stuff from

Cybermaxx 16:56 17 Jun 06

my CD collection?

Just bought my first MP3 player (512MB Creative Muvo) today. Naively copied one of my CDs onto my HDD, and transferred some of the tracks onto the MP3 player. great! This is so easy! I'll just try the player out and see how it sounds....... Nothing. The track names appear, but they won't play.

Protected content, right? So, I can't use any of the 200 or so CDs I've bought since about 1991 with this MP3 player? Or am I missing something here?

The device is useless to me as it stands at the moment. Refund time?

Mr Mistoffelees 16:58 17 Jun 06

You did rip your CD to MP3 format???

rodriguez 17:09 17 Jun 06

If you ripped it into WMA format with Media Player, the player should play it as most of them play WMA, however I would still recommend using MP3 for the most compatibility. It also adds copy protection to the files by default. You can take the copy protection off by going into the options in Windows Media Player. If it has protected the files though you will need to rip them again with the protection turned off.

Cybermaxx 17:26 17 Jun 06

Ah, I comprehend! Cheers. Maybe this topic should have been in the Absolute Beginners section.

Right, now for the Hrd Drive questions........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…