sndvol.exe

Geordie 10:57 16 Feb 04

I have lost the ability to control sound from a sound control on the task bar. The machine tells me I need to install a file and I believe it to be sndvol32.exe I have evidence that the file has been on the machine but its not there now. I run Windows XP Pro and have looked at the installation disc but I cant find it there. I have an on board sound card SoundMax. There is also one other niggle. When I plug a microphone into the mike socket at the back of the machine and try to get it to work via Sound Forge. Zilch, silence, nothing.
Can Anyone help?

Stuartli 11:00 16 Feb 04

You should be able to extract it from the system CAB file WIN_17.CAB or just drag and drop it to the C:\Windows folder.

If you have no sound control/mixer you won't be able to enable/disable the mike or other sections.

Geordie 12:02 16 Feb 04

Stuartli,
vmt for that. I have done a search for WIN_17.CAB and came up with nothing then i did a search on *.CAB and there was no WIN_17.CAB file to be seen.
Sid

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…