Snapscan e25 question

STEVE71163 08:15 07 Jun 03

When i go to use my snapscan scanner a little box comes up that says (You have currently no ocr engine installed. Please install an ocr engine if you want to be able to convert your scanned images to text) Can you tell me what i need to do???

Morpheus© 08:33 07 Jun 03

there are a few OCR programmes out there that are free, if you do not scan text documents you dont really need one, but in saying that, it is always nice to have one, just in case..

I have a snapscan and an OCR prog came with it, have you looked on the software you got with it?

STEVE71163 08:40 07 Jun 03

Thanks for reply. I have just looked at my discs and found Readiris 2000 and have just installed this. Thanks again!

Bebee 08:44 07 Jun 03

My Snapscan came up with that message recently when I reinstalled windows, even though I had Abbyy Finereader installed (a free version from a cover disc some time ago). It doesn't affect the scanner and unless you want to scan text and work with it in Word or the like(as Morpheus© says) it's not really a problem. The message only appeared once.

To clarify - what do you need to do?

- If you don't want to turn scanned pages into documents that you can edit you don't need to do anything.

- If you want to, or think it would be good to have just in case, you need to install an ocr (optical character recognition) program.

As Morpheus© said, check the disks that came with the Snapscan. Mine came with a home version of Textbridge, which is the sort of thing you would need.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…