Snapfish photo uploads and ActiveX

bart warstein 00:42 11 Jan 07

I have just registered on the widely-recommended Snapfish photo sharing/printing site. It supposedly offers a "Quick Upload" tool for faster uploading of photos (it's an Active X install).

The upload-photos page of the website is supposed to show an "Alert Bar" which then gives you the option of downloading this tool. But this (yellow) alert bar simply isn't there. So I can't get the ActiveX tool.

I'm using WinXP Pro with SP2, and IE6. I have turned off the popup blocker and enabled download of ActiveX. I have ZoneAlarm and AVG (which would normally put up alerts/warnings about downloads). But I can't even see the button on the Snapfish page which supposedly offers the download. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks... br1anstorm

bart warstein 12:28 15 Jan 07

There hasn't exactly been a rush of responses to this.... no replies at all, in fact. But in case anyone else has a similar problem, I discovered that the explanation is that - on my system at least - one has to be logged in as an Administrator, not a User, in order to see the popup and download the ActiveX control.

Newuser386 22:18 13 Mar 07

I'm having a similar problem trying to install an ActiveX control photo uploader for photobox.com but your solution doen't seem to apply in my case as I do have admin rights on my PC

bart warstein 20:30 16 Mar 07

Hello newuser386...
Not sure I can offer any advice, as I haven't used Photobox. But I wonder if it's just a question of the Security settings in your Tools> Internet Options> Advanced? Have you enabled downloading of ActiveX controls?

Good luck (perhaps others will be able to add other ideas)

bartwarstein

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…