Snapfire I Images

drybones 11:08 17 Aug 08

I have just noticed all my photo's are now labelled as snapfire images,is this harmful or not if so how does one get rid of it, they appear to go into my Adobe photo elements 6 without any trouble, Im curious where this has come from to my knowledge Snapfire has not been put on my PC. The last thing I loaded was a Sony Ericsson software disc. I would very much like and welcome any input on this, and thanks in advance to everyone for all the help I have had in the past and hopefully the future. drybones

MAT ALAN 11:18 17 Aug 08

snapfire belongs to the Corel family of photo image progs, much how you got it is a mystery, you can download it as a stand alone prog .

click here

FatboySlim71 11:29 17 Aug 08

The snapfire files are not harmful and are probably to do with Corel Snapfire, this is a free digital photo software to help you organize, enhance, and share your pictures and video clips.

click here

The pictures in question, if you try the following:

Right click on the picture's icon, choose properties, on the next window that opens click the GENERAL TAB (but it should open in this) See my below link/picture. You should see near the top of the window the words "OPEN WITH" and beside this a tab "CHANGE" if you click on this you will see a list of programs that are able to open this type of file, you can now basically choose which program you want to open this file, you should also see in here a box and beside this it should say "ALWAYS USE THE SELECTED PROGRAM TO OPEN THIS KIND OF FILE" if you tick the box it will always use that program to open that kind of file.

The procedure I have described above is using Vista, but it should be very similar on XP.

click here

FatboySlim71 22:37 17 Aug 08

What was the outcome? its just I noticed you have marked this resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…